Last updated on September 22nd, 2019 at 11:49 am
When you find Peace within yourself, you become one of the person who can live at peace with others.
Introduction to Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose)
- Meaning: Supta- Reclining, Baddha- Bound, Kona- Angle, Asana-Pose
- Style: Vinyasa
- Duration: 1-5 minutes
- Repetition: none
- Strengthens: Thigh, knees and groin
- Preparatory Poses: Baddha Koṇāsana, Virasana, Vriksasana, Supta Padangusthasana
- Follow-up Pose: Gomukhasana, Lotus Position, Malasana
Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose) is a part of Vinyasa yoga, which means practitioner coordinate the movement with the breath to flow from one yoga pose to another.
Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose) is an incredible yoga practice to relieve stress levels and to cure anxiety. It’s not just a restorative pose but also works as a great hip opener and benefits organs located in the abdomen area.
This yoga pose works magically to relieve the daily stress through enhancing the blood flow all over the body which makes you feel refreshed and energetic.
The hip stretching posture helps in curbing the access fat around your hip and thighs and it has proven effects on the male and female fertility and reproductive system as it enhances the blood supply towards the groin area.
Who Should Do It?
People with a sedentary lifestyle should definitely practice this pose on a daily basis, this Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose) have multiple proved benefits for anyone suffering from modern lifestyle diseases.
If your daily schedule includes prolonged sitting or standing then you should definitely try this pose, it works as an incredible hip opener which leads to reliving from any strain or stiffness in the lower body.
The most common ailments that majority of the people are suffering from are stress, anxiety, insomnia, muscle stiffness, blood pressure, and bad posture.
This incredible pose has the capability to cure these entire most common illness single-handedly. We have been listing 16 wonderful benefits through this article so stay tuned with us.
How to do:
- Lie straight on your back with your legs straight.
- Step your heels towards your pelvic
- Exhale and let your thighs fall apart; open up your knees so that the bottoms of your feet touch each other.
- Carefully pull your heel close towards your pelvic area to experience a good amount of resistance.
- Stay in the pose for 5 minutes.
Let’s go through the video demonstration of how to perform Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose) properly.
Level-Up your yoga experience with these yoga accessories.
Professional yogis are aware of the utility of these accessories but there is a large section of people who prefer to practice yoga at home. With the help of these affordable yoga accessories, you can level up your yoga expertise.
We personally shortlisted the best accessories that are affordable and encourage yoga. Let’s have a look at them.
[wpsm_comparison_table id=”4″ class=””]
Benefits of Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose)
This single yogic pose contains immense benefits within itself. I can guarantee you one thing, its restorative benefits will blow your mind.
1# Activates Organs Located In Abdomen Area:
Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose) stimulates ovaries and prostate gland, bladder, pancreas, and kidneys for better functioning.
2# Better Blood Flow:
It elevates the blood flow throughout the body, the hip opening posture of Supta Baddha Konasana helps in improving the blood flow by providing proper stretch to the hip joints, thighs and lower back.
3# Relieves Stress And Anxiety:
This pose helps in relieving stress and anxiety through 2 different ways, first: its synchronous breathing technique has a calming effect on the brain, second: better blood flow throughout the body leads to the better supply of nutrients towards the brain and other organs.
4# Also Helpful In Curing Mild Depression:
Depression is caused by stress, obesity, thyroid and other medical conditions. Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose) helps in fighting the root cause of depression and makes you feel happy and energetic.
5# Great Hip Opener:
Supta Baddha Konasana is a pose which mainly focused on two things, the better mobility of the hip joint and better blood flow. The posture of Supta Baddha Konasana helps in opening up the hip joints hence making them more flexible.
6# Stretches Groin, Thighs And Knees:
If you are someone with 9 hours sitting job then this yoga should be definitely on your ‘to-do’ list. Supta Baddha Konasana helps in stretching the groin area and relieving the tension from stiff thigh and knees.
7# Calm You Down:
Practicing Supta Baddha Konasana has calming effects as like you are on a vacation; I can practically do it for an hour. While performing this pose you are required to release the tension from your body and follow synchronous breathing technique.
8# Better Concentration:
A student practicing this reliving pose has shown favorable effects on their concentration levels, the modern-day education system has placed the kids under immense pressure and stress. Practicing Supta Baddha Konasana regularly can have proven effects on their academic performance.
9# Better Posture:
Through releasing the stiffness from the lower back, thigh, and hip joints you are promoting yourself for natural and better posture. People these days are losing the body’s natural posture and mobility due to lifestyle changes, but this pose can help you with adopting natural spine posture.
10# Reduces Headache:
With the calming effects of this pose, you can definitely feel the benefits if practiced while having a headache.
11# Elevated Growth hormone:
Stress kills your growth hormones. Practicing Supta Baddha Konasana helps in reducing stress by calming down your body and brain, which leads to the secretion of ‘feel happy’ hormone which ultimately leads to the production of more growth hormones.
12# Beneficial For Men With Enlarged Prostate:
If you are suffering from enlarged prostate then you should definitely try this pose, this pose will stretch your groin area and will release the tension.
13# Kick-Starts Your Day:
What can be a better idea than kick-starting your day with full of energy, practice early morning Supta Baddha Konasana while your meditation sessions, this will double the impact of your meditation and will make you feel more stress-free and energetic.
14# Menstrual Disorder And Menopause:
Supta Baddha Konasana has shown the positive effects on the menstrual cramps and elevating the mood.
15# Better Digestion:
If you are suffering from indigestion and constipation then try practicing some beneficial yoga poses to keep your digestive tract healthy. Practicing yoga-like Supta Baddha Konasana, Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand pose), Vajrasana (Thunderbolt pose), Surya Namaskar (Sun salutation) can be very beneficial.
16# Better Sex Life:
Supta Baddha Konasana will relieve stress from your groin area and will help in providing better blood flow towards reproductive organs. This pose has shown positive effects on male and female reproductive system functioning.
- Avoid practicing this asana if you are suffering from knee injuries, groin injuries, pain in the lower back.
- Pregnant ladies should perform this asana under expert supervision.
- Women who just conceived a baby should also restrain them self from this pose until their pelvic region heals.
If you are a newbie to this pose and straining your thigh and groin is too difficult for you, then add some cushions to support your knees and supporting them against the gravitational pull.
- Walking Stick Press
- Brown, Christina (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 400 Pages - 05/29/2003 (Publication Date) - Krause Publications (Publisher)
- Fit for Most Mat Sizes: Crafted specifically to carry yoga mats in an Easy, Gender Neutral, Shoulder Strap Tote Bag...
- Multi-purpose: Whether you are looking for specialized yoga bags, carriers or just a simple gym bag, we’ve got...
- Two Pockets Design: ONE LARGE SIDE POCKET for Water Bottle, Towel and Sunglasses. And ONE SMALL INTERIOR ZIPPER POCKET...
- Quality and Durable Material: Made from high quality cotton canvas, this shoulder gym tote bag will accompany you for...
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with our Yoga Mat Bag, we will do whatever it takes to...
- Package includes: 1/2" NBR Yoga Mat/ 2 Yoga Blocks/ 1 - 68”x24” Yoga Mat Towel/ 1 – 30”x20” Yoga Hand Towel/ 1...
- 1/2" ultra thick yoga mat with specially designed memory foam – Ribbed surface on one side with a smooth surface on...
- Provide support and balance with our durable foam yoga blocks and deepen your stretch with our 6.5ft yoga strap that...
- Our 68”x24” and 30”x20” yoga towels are designed with microfiber technology and prime absorption to provide...
- Great for yoga, pilates, stretching and toning workouts – 71" long 24" wide yoga mat ensures comfort for people of all...
- AUTHENTIC HAND HAMMERED 3.5” TIBETAN SINGING BOWL SET — This high-quality handcrafted meditation bowl set includes a...
- ENHANCES YOGA, MEDITATION, PRAYER, CHAKRA HEALING AND MINDSET — Ohm’s Tibetan singing bowls are used worldwide for...
- EASILY PLAY MESMERIZING TONES FOR HOLISTIC HEALING — Healing processes are initiated through entraining our brainwaves...
- IDEAL SIZE TO BRING ANYWHERE — This bowl set is compact and can easily travel with you everywhere. Bring to yoga...
- HAND INSPECTED AND TESTED FOR GUARANTEED PERFECT SOUND QUALITY — Ohm Store ensures it produces and sells only the...