A leg and shoulder workout routine is very important for the overall strength and balance of your body. Although building the muscle of your leg and shoulder can be difficult, with the rest workout routine, you will be able to gather the required mass and strength without overtraining.
As published by the International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy, shoulder exercises are not only for building mass alone but have also helped improve shoulder pains.
To benefit your health and help you acquire the required strength and mass, we have come up with the best leg and shoulder workout.
To get an effective result, it is advisable to focus on the legs exercises first since they are more strenuous. It is also important that you focus on high volume reps and low rest so that you get a massive full body pump in no time.
10-15 reps are recommended, and you can take 60-90 secs rest in between each set of the exercise. This way, you will experience noticeable muscle growth in a short time.
BEST ROUTINE FOR YOUR LEGS AND SHOULDER
Below are a few of the best leg and shoulder workout routine for strength and mass you can engage in even as a beginner.
Back squat is one of the most effective leg exercises because they utilize almost all your lower body muscle groups. This multi-joint exercise helps you produce an amazing pump because it also affects the quadriceps and gluteus.
To have an effective back squat exercise, follow the steps below
- Have your bar set up on your upper back, and ensure that your feet are a little bit wider than your hips.
- When you intend to lift, pick and focus on a spot on the wall so that both your chest and back will be up and straight.
- With your weight equally between the heels of your feet and the ball, squat down.
- Make sure that your knees are kept in line while you squat.
- Your hips should move lower than your knees.
- Your hips and knees need to be locked at the top when you move your knees upward.
Ensure that you engage both your knees and hips while performing this exercise so that your knees don’t become strained. Also, ensure that your back remains in a neutral position throughout.
The leg extension is a perfect leg workout routine for both strength and mass. It helps you strengthen your quads. This also helps in improving the overall strength of your lower part.
- Leg Extension Machine. They can be easily found in any gym center
- Let the pad of the machine be a little bit above your angle, and it should rest against your lower leg.
- Get yourself prepared by placing your hand on the bars.
- Use your leg to lift the weight.
- Ensure that your back is kept against the support.
- Also, ensure that your knees are not fully locked before you lower your legs back to the starting position.
This exercise requires that you go slow, concentrating on the contractions of your muscles so that you get the expected effect.
To perform the leg press, you need to use the leg press machine, which allows you to change your foot positioning during the squat exercise. This change in positioning enables you to deliver stronger leg muscles.
- The leg press machine. You can easily see one in any gym you visit.
- Sit in the machine ensure both your head and back are resting against the support
- When your feet are flat, your feet should be wide apart with your hips.
- Unlock the safety bars on the machine and push by making your feet equal against the platform.
- Let your legs form a 45-degree angle by lowering your weight on them.
- Then you can drive your feet back up to start the process afresh.
Always ensure that your butt is firmly on the seat and your hands are not placed on your knees when performing this exercise. This ensures that your weight does not become too heavy.
The upright row is one of the best workout routines for shoulder strength and mass because it focuses on targeting the muscles of the upper parts of your body.
- A barbell or smith machine
- Take the barbell or smith machine and ensure that it is a shoulders width apart.
- Ensure that your eyes are kept straight forward with your back straight too.
- Allow the bar remain close to your body.
- Don’t let your arms go higher than your shoulder.
- Bring the barbell down slowly.
Although this exercise is relatively easy, your shoulder may be at risk of getting strained when you don’t perform the motions properly.
Unless you are experienced, avoid lifting heavy weights during this exercise and ensure that you stay at shoulder-width apart so that you don’t end up straining your wrists.
Dumbbell Shoulder Press Exercise
The dumbbell shoulder press helps build your shoulder muscles and even makes them stronger. This is the reason it is an alternative when you wish to start your shoulder and leg workout routine that focuses on your shoulder.
- A seat
- Some dumbbells.
- Sit down with your back against the support, and make sure to set your feet at shoulder-width apart.
- With a dumbbell in each hand, bring them towards your ear level and ensure your elbow is bent at 90 degrees.
- Extend your arms to push the dumbbells up to the top.
- Allow the dumbbells to touch as you bring them overhead.
To avoid injuries within your joint when pushing dumbbells to the top, don’t lock out your arm. Also, always keep the dumbbells balanced at all times throughout each movement.
These exercises are great for leg and shoulder workout routines aimed at bodybuilding. Even beginners can also use them when they intend to start a workout routine. Ensure to follow each exercise routine carefully and make sure you do them right.
Hey guys thanks for reading, let us know your thoughts on the article. Questions are welcomed in the comments as always.