It is the season of cycle races and triathlons, so strap on the best fitness tracker for cycling, and get set go. Ride the storm and win the competition with the best fitness trackers of all time. Navigate through the trickiest of routes with the GPS and keep track of your heart rate, steps, calorie burn, and other factors with the numerous sensors of the fitness tracker.
Check out the five best and top-rated fitness trackers for cyclists and win the race like a blazing inferno.
The Five Best Fitness Trackers For Cycling In 2019
- Garmin Forerunner 935
- Garmin Fenix 5 Saphire
- Garmin Vivoactive 3
- Suunto Spartan Sport HR
- Polar V800
Top 5 best fitness trackers of 2019
1. Garmin Forerunner 935
- This tracker is a lightweight and comfortable that provides topnotch quality of information. The compact and sleek design incorporates a barometer, thermometer, altimeter, and a built-in GPS.
- The Garmin Forerunner 935 features a monitor for measuring the heart-rate to enable you to respond to the real-time data. ANT+ and Bluetooth are available for connection to the external sensors. The app of Forerunner helps in tracking steps, sleep, and stress.
Garmin Forerunner 935 is a multi-sport fitness tracker par excellence. It keeps running for days and has a sleek and lightweight design. It possesses a massive array of sensors that offer detailed insight into the workout status. You can connect it with a Running Dynamics Device to assess advanced metrics that include the time of physical contact with the ground, stride length, balance, and vertical ratio. It has also got a wide range of associated devices such as GPS, optical monitor for heart rate, GLONASS, barometric altimeter, compass, accelerometer, thermometer, and gyroscope.
- Excellent battery life
- Seamless connectivity with smartphone
- Sleek and attractive design
- The screen bezel is thick
- The Garmin Connect app is not user-friendly
2. Garmin Fenix 5 Saphire
- The Garmin Fenix Saphire can do everything from assessing the heart rate to keeping an eye on the sleep quality, providing emails and text messages, and more.
- It supports speed/cadence sensors and Bluetooth Smart power meters. Besides, the accuracy of the V02 Max prepares the cyclist for taking part in cycle races.
The Garmin Fenix 5 Saphire is a multi-sport GPS compact fitness tracker with advanced metrics features and impressive QuickFit bands that help to ease you on from rest to workout mode without any break in strides. The connected characteristics of this fitness tracker include smartphone updates, quick customization through the free faces, automatic upload of posts to the online fitness community of Garmin, and several other apps from the Connect IQ app store. You can operate the Garmin Fenix 5 Saphire on multiple modes and determine your fitness and intensity with the heart rate monitor that measures the pulse from the wrist.
- Tracking of activities like stride length, steps per minute, stress test, and so on.
- Smartphone notifications
- Monitor for measuring heart rate
- No additional possibility of mp3 player
- In the smartwatch mode, the battery life is two weeks, whereas in the GPS mode it is 24 hours, but users look for longer battery life.
3. Garmin Vivoactive 3
- The Garmin Vivoactive 3 blends fashion with function and takes pride in providing real-time data on altitude, speed, power, cadence, heart rate, distance, calories, time, and more.
- You can customize the touchscreen to access the GPS for specific options for cycling. It has both ANT+ and Bluetooth compatibility.
- The best feature of this fitness tracker is Garmin Pay. Link your bank accounts and ATM cards with the tracker.
The Garmin Vivoactive 3 comes with a host of smart sensors and a wide variety of apps that cover different games and sports from indoor cycling and racing to snowboard and skiing. If you are in search of a device that can maintain superb accuracy in tracking your sports activities, then this fitness tracker is the best for you. You can access almost every critical information with the press of a button, and people especially love this minimalist approach.
- Affordable price
- Highly convenient for contactless payment through Garmin Pay
- User-friendly touchscreen with built-in games apps
- Too bulky in size
- No onboard storage space for music
4. Suunto Spartan Sport HR
- Access the accurate measurements of your pace, altitude, speed, and calories and get the support of the Bluetooth power meters and cadence sensors, along with the Suunto brand sensors.
- The heart rate is measured from the wrist for more accuracy and convenience.
- The tracker provides support to more than 80 different sports with modes of interval and racing.
If you are a fan of juggling between sports and games, then Suunto Spartan Sport HR is the best fitness tracker for you. It is a high-end tracker that comes with GPS, and sensors for tracking distance, speed, pace, lap pace, and more. If you are disposed to exploring new routes for running, then check out the Movescount app that provides a heat map which shows all the sports tracks and roads and even new areas for running.
- Stylish and sleek design
- Smartphone connectivity
- Multi-sport capabilities
- The measurement of HR is not so accurate
- The tracker is not user-friendly for beginners
5. Polar V800
- With a good battery life of 50 hours along with a low power GPS mode, you can get access to all the smartphone benefits like emails and text messages with the Polar V800.
- The compatibility of Bluetooth Smart with extra sensors of cycling along with cadence sensors and power meters can provide the most in-depth workout information.
Aim for the ultimate athletic performance with the Polar V800 fitness tracker that comes with a GPS and is facilitated for supporting different sports. The tracker is incredibly accurate and monitors every activity round the clock. Download the Polar Flow app to sync your workout schedule and set training sessions in advance.
- Excellent connectivity to Android and iOS Bluetooth devices
- Comes in a robust case of steel and protected by gorilla glass
- Measurement of heart rate in SWIM mode because of the flawless design of the HR strap
- The fitness tracker is slightly heavy
- Minimal scope of customization