Last updated on May 22nd, 2020 at 11:41 pm
Modern lifestyle has been ruining our lives, people were never obsessed about weight loss a few decades before. The reason for the sudden spike in the population of obese people is a sedentary lifestyle, bad food habits and lack of physical labor.
Many people are trying to lose that extra layer of fat but most of them fail to do it. There can be multiple reasons responsible for the failure to lose weight, wrong guidance if one of the main reasons behind it.
Ahead, this article will be focused on legitimate weight loss supplements and weight loss rules that will help you lose that excess fat.
Most effective way to lose weight
Instead of going to multiple fat loss tips, many people are soo much interested in some ‘magic’ one step effective way to lose weight.
The most effective way to lose weight is to maintain a “caloric deficit” (1).
That means, consume lesser calories than your body’s caloric expenditure.
Every body’s calorie requirements are different, people with slow metabolism requires much lower calories than someone with a high metabolism.
The best idea is to visit your local nutritionist, those people have a specialized degree to suggest the best diet for your needs.
Apart from maintaining a caloric deficit, you can fast track your fat burning process with the help of some amino acids that are proven to aid in weight loss.
Best amino acid supplement for weight loss
Not all the aminos are created equal, while some assist in active recovery, others trigger the body’s fat-burning mechanism.
Let’s have a look at the amino acids that are scientifically proven to help you shread extra pounds.
The most effective and all-time favorite supplement for professional athletes. It helps in mobilizing stored fats for energy production.
- ★ CALCIUM ENHANCED SUPER FORMULA – The extra 330mg of Calcium per serving greatly boosts metabolic rate, muscle...
- ★ SUPPORTS ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE AND STAMINA – Faster muscle recovery, delay exhaustion.
- ★ BURNS FAT TO HELP LOSE WEIGHT – Promotes muscle growth and fat loss during workouts.
- ★ HEALTHY HEART – Transports Fatty Acids to support your Cardiovascular Energy Levels.
- ★ RELIABLE - Made in a GMP Certified Facility in America and third party safety tested for purity. Trusted for...
- 1000 mg of L-Carnitine every serving
- FDA approved, third-party tested
- Support kidney function and speed up metabolism
- Favorite fat cutting supplement
- Made in the USA
What is L-Carnitine:
L-Carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid that has been widely used by bodybuilders to cut down stored fat.
Other studies (7) conducted on the effects of 250 milligrams (mg) to 4 grams (g) of L-carnitine on cancer patients gained the following results.
- Patients were found to gain better insulin sensitivity.
- Improved fertility (in men)
- Older people were found to have a mild improvement in cognitive function.
Overall, it’s one of the finest amino acids that transports fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they can be burned for energy.
A standard dosage of L-carnitine is1000-3000 mg per day, it works best when supplemented just after an intense workout. In my experience, L-carnitine and HIIT workout is the best combination for the accelerated fat loss.
- Pure HPLC tested L glutamine Powder at a better value than competitors 5 grams per serving
- Supports increased cell volume, protein synthesis and glycogen replenishment
- Non stimulant formula stacks perfectly and can be take anytime stack with vitamins, creatine, BCAAs and other...
- Replenishes L glutamine, the most abundant amino acid in the body, supports immune function
- Flavorless and dissovles instantly; perfect for mixing with pre workout, post workout and protein powder
- The purest form of glutamine for best absorption
- Non-stimulant formula
- Supports increased cell volume, protein synthesis
- Flavorless and dissolves instantly.
- Made in USA
What is glutamine?
Glutamine is a conditional amino acid that is found in abundance in the body. It’s categorized into conditional amino acid because the body can produce it on its own but many people might require to supplement it through external sources.
Glutamine has been known as a building block of protein and helps in the repair and development of muscle tissues.
Assisting the development and retention of muscle tissues after an intense workout session helps in elevating the metabolic rate and leading to weight loss.
A study (3) conducted on the weight loss effects of glutamine on volunteers found positive effects. The group of obese females was found to lost more weight in comparison to another group who was not supplemented with glutamine.
For the best results, you can include 3-4 servings (5 grams each) of the supplement throughout the day.
This is a supplement that will help in improving focus and energy levels. Improved energy levels will allow you to go the extra mile at the gym, perform those extra reps, run for a longer period of time.
- SUPPORTS MENTAL ALERTNESS*/NEUROTRANSMITTER SUPPORT*: Required for the production of the neurotransmitters dopamine,...
- PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE/HEALTHY GLANDULAR FUNCTION*: L-Tyrosine is especially critical for the normal function of the...
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Dairy Free, Egg Free, Made without Gluten, Non-GMO, Nut Free, Soy Free
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been...
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
- 500 mg of L-tyrosine per serving
- Achieve better mental alertness and focus.
- Pharmaceutical grade product.
- GMP Quality Assured
- Mace in USA
How does it work?
Tyrosine is a unique amino acid that stimulates brain chemicals for the production of critical hormones that are responsible to reduce stress levels and make you feel more active and alert (7).
Tyrosine improves the production of:
Dopamine: An important brain chemical that regulates the reward and pleasure centers. It improves mood and keeps you motivated (8).
Adrenaline and noradrenaline: these are the hormones responsible for the fight or flight response of the brain, it helps in taking better decisions.
Thyroid hormones: It’s responsible for regulating different body’s responses like mood, energy generation, and metabolism (9).
Overall, supplementing with tyrosine will help in keeping you motivates, will improve the metabolic rate and will improve the sleep quality (leads to the production of HGH).
Common dosage is between 1000-2000 mg, you can consume it at least 30-minutes before your workout session.
Some people supplement it as a nootropic for improved productivity at the work/office.
One of the most underrated health supplement, it will help you lose fat while improving the muscle mass.
- Helps boost energy and Preworkout
- Aids exercise recovery and Supports circulation*
- Contributes to cardiovascular health and Promotes heart health*
- Fortifies the immune system and Benefits sexual health*
- May help aid libido*
- 3000 mg per serving
- 2:1 ratio of L-citrulline and DL malate
- Lab Tested
How does it work?
It’s one of the most underrated supplements which has the capability to deliver huge results.
Citrulline is an amino whose main function is vasodilation, which leads to better blood flow throughout the body.
Supplementing with citrulline will not just help in achieving an enhanced muscle pump, but it will also assist in improving anabolic performance.
Cyclists were supplemented with citrulline to check the changes in endurance. A study found to have a 12% better performance (10).
Overall, its a wonderful supplement that will improve your aerobic and anaerobic capacity for better performance and greater calorie burning.
consuming up to 6 grams of citrulline malate is considered safe, but if it’s your first time then start with only 3 grams of serving.
Bodybuilders all-time favorite supplement that requires no introduction. BCAA has been known for its muscle-building capacity but it has some serious fat loss effects as well.
- XTEND BCAA POWDER FOR MEN & WOMEN - The World's #1 BCAA Brand has been perfecting recovery since 2004 with 7 grams of...
- SUGAR-FREE BRANCHED CHAIN AMINO ACIDS - Zero sugar, zero calories, and zero carbs in every delicious serving
- IMPROVE RECOVERY & HYDRATION - Consume a minimum of 14 grams of BCAAs per day - before, during, and after your workout -...
- TESTED & TRUSTED BY THIRD PARTIES - Proudly NSF Contents Tested & Certified and Informed-Choice Certified symbolizing...
- DELICIOUS FLAVORS UNLIKE ANYTHING ON THE MARKET - Mango Madness, Rainbow Sherbet, Blue Raspberry Ice, Glacial Grape,...
How BCAA helps in fat loss?
- BCAAs may help in reducing fatigue while workout which helps in improving the quality and intensity of the workout (12).
- Supplementing with BCAA may helps in decreasing muscle soreness by up to 33%, (13) reduced soreness and fast recovery leads to better regularity at the gym.
- Many studies have proven the positive effects of BCAA on muscle mass improvement (14). The development of muscle mass leads to accelerated metabolism and increased calorie burning.
- Some studies on elite wrestlers also suggested the direct effect of BCAA on weight loss (15).
Just like any other protein supplement, the requirement of BCAA depends on your workout intensity and body weight. Adding 2-3 serving every day may help in getting visible results.
Weight loss rules
The best amino acid supplement for weight loss are no magic supplements, you are required to follow some basic weight loss rules to see positive effects on your weight loss.
Crucial weight-loss rules that need to be taken care of:
- Cutting down calories is the primary part of weight loss journey, no supplement can help you if you in a caloric surplus.
- Cutting down carbs can play a big role, most of the people are feeding on carbs all day. Replace your simple carbs with meals high in good fats and protein.
- Don’t forget your whey: whey protein doesn’t just help in building muscle but it also helps in curbing hunger. A good whey smoothie with some berries and almond milk can keep you fuller for a long period.
- Skip fried food: you must have heard this thousand times before but still binge on those unhealthy fast food? Its time to bring change to your diet pattern.
- Check on your testosterone levels: while most of the people are not so concerned about their testosterone levels, they play an important part in calorie burning. Your low testosterone levels might be the reason for fat accumulation. Start lifting heavy at gym and supplementing with natural testosterone boosting herbs may help in muscle building and fat cutting.
Thanks for reading. Questions are welcomed in the comments as always. This site contains affiliate links as well as general health and fitness information. Please read my Medical Disclaimer and Writing Disclaimer for more information.