Discover Everything About Anand Balasana (Happy baby pose)
Discover 9 Benefits of Anand Balasana (Happy baby pose), Video Guide & Precautions.
When you Find Peace within yourself, you become one of the person who can live at peace with others.
- Meaning: Anand= Happy, Bala = baby & Asana = Pose
- Yoga Style: Vinyasa
- Duration: 30-60 Seconds
- Repetition: none
- Strengthens: Hip, Thigh, Spine and Ankle
- Preparatory Poses: Virasana
- Follow-up Pose: Adho mukha śvānāsana
Anand balasana is an incredible pose to bring awareness to your Hip joints, thigh, lower back and groin area. Anand balasana is also known as happy baby pose and dead bug pose (since it resembles the dead bug posture).
If you are living a sedentary lifestyle since years and now you have started possessing many modern lifestyle diseases (obesity, bad posture, diabetes, high/low blood pressure, etc) then please pay attention to the benefits we are about the discussion.
Anand balasana (Happy baby pose) is an incredible pose that will affect your body and mind, and will help is curing many lifestyle diseases in just a single pose.
Science Behind Anand Balasana (Happy Baby Pose):
Anand Balasana (Happy Baby Pose) is a magical pose that increased the flexibility of lower body and relaxes all the lower body muscle groups.
This pose stretches the spine, inner part of groin and hamstring makes it a very soothing yoga pose that could be done just after you wake up (as a mobility stretching) or after a stressful day. Tension released from the lower back, hip joint and hamstrings will make you feel refreshed.
It also regulates the optimum blood flow for a better supply of nutrients to all the organs in the body. With the better supply of nutrients, Anand Balasana (Happy Baby Pose) also helps in gently massaging the digestive organs for better digestion.
If it’s difficult for you to reach your toes in perfect position then you can use straps to make yourself comfortable with this yoga pose. It’s very necessary to prevent you your tailbone from rising off the ground, try keeping your tailbone on the ground.
To make yourself more comfortable with this yoga pose we suggest you to practice Baddha Konasana and Supta Baddha Konasana befor. These two yoga poses will stretch your groin area and will make you more eligible to perform Anand Balasana.
Step by Step Guide:
- Lie down straight on your back.
- Exhale and bring your knees towards your belly.
- Open your knees nice and wider than your torso.
- Take the sole of your feet up towards the ceiling and reach up to grab the outside of feet.
- If you experience difficulty in grabbing your feet then you can take the help of yoga straps or you can hold your shin or at the ankle
- Make sure to bring your shins perpendicular to the ground, your ankle and knees going to be in a straight line.
- Now gently pull your feet down towards your body to create the resistance and relieve the stiffness from your groin.
- Shoulder blades should be kept retracted to experience optimum stretch in the lower body.
- Try to hold the position for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Now relax.
You can also refer to the video for better understanding.
Benefits of Anand Balasana (Happy Baby Pose)
Better Hip Mobility:
Poor hip joint mobility is one of the most common ailments suffered by the majority of the population. Anand balasana is a perfect yoga pose to increase the hip mobility and stretch your inner thighs, hamstring and lower back for better relaxation. Practicing this yoga can give you superficial relaxation to your lower body.
While lying on the flat surface and keeping your back in control will give you a nice stretch all over your spine. Anand balasana is a perfect pose to be performed after long office hours. After sitting for long hours your back and lower body starts experiencing stiffness. This pose will help you relive the muscle sourness and stiffness.
Stronger Lower Back:
The number of patients with lower back pain has been increasing due to modern lifestyle and prolonged working. People are experiencing lower back pain or injury due to the stiffness and lack of mobility in the vertebrates, practicing few yogas poses like Anand balasana, Downward facing dog, and Cat & cow pose can dramatically improve your spine flexibility and reduced chances of any injuries.
You are required to compress your abdominal area in order to get the perfect stretch in your groin area and hamstrings. This compression will help you with achieving better digestive track through removing the body waste and all toxins.
The sacrum is a large wedge-shaped vertebra located at the inferior end of the spine. Sacrum is a large bone which intersects with hip bones to form the pelvis, and it is also responsible for spreading the upper body weight across the pelvis and legs.
Sedentary lifestyle and prolonged sitting may cause the pain in sacrum due to low mobility, Anand Balasana is a great pose to provide necessary stretch and relaxation to the sacrum.
As a part of vinyasa yoga style, Anand Balasana is very effective in regulating the heart rate through lowering the stress, regulating blood flow and relaxing body.
Anand Balasana (Happy Baby Pose) has proven effects on improving the performance of the reproductive system in both men and women. Through regulating better blood flow towards pelvis area this poses assists in the better functioning of vital reproductive organs. For women, Happy Baby Pose helps in stimulating ovaries for better functioning.
This pose should be practiced empty stomach since it involves compression of the abdominal area.
- Walking Stick Press
- Christina Brown
- Publisher: Walking Stick Press
- Edition no. 39820 (05/29/2003)
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Fit for Most Mat Sizes: Crafted specifically to carry yoga mats in an Easy, Gender Neutral, Shoulder Strap Tote Bag...
- Multi-purpose: Whether you are looking for specialized yoga bags, carriers or just a simple gym bag, we've got...
- Two Pockets Design: ONE LARGE SIDE POCKET for Water Bottle, Towel and Sunglasses. And ONE SMALL INTERIOR ZIPPER POCKET...
- Quality and Durable Material: Made from high quality cotton canvas, this shoulder gym tote bag will accompany you for...
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with our Yoga Mat Bag, we will do whatever it takes to...
- Package includes: 1/2" NBR Yoga Mat/ 2 Yoga Blocks/ 1 - 68"x24" Yoga Mat Towel/ 1 - 30"x20" Yoga Hand Towel/ 1 Yoga...
- 1/2" ultra thick yoga mat with specially designed memory foam - Ribbed surface on one side with a smooth surface on the...
- Provide support and balance with our durable foam yoga blocks and deepen your stretch with our 6.5ft yoga strap that...
- Our 68"x24" and 30"x20" yoga towels are designed with microfiber technology and prime absorption to provide...
- Great for yoga, Pilates, stretching and toning workouts - 71" long 24" wide yoga mat ensures comfort for people of all...
- AUTHENTIC HAND HAMMERED 3.5" TIBETAN SINGING BOWL SET - This high-quality handcrafted meditation bowl set includes a...
- ENHANCES YOGA, MEDITATION, PRAYER, CHAKRA HEALING AND MINDSET - Ohm's Tibetan singing bowls are used worldwide for yoga,...
- EASILY PLAY MESMERIZING TONES FOR HOLISTIC HEALING - Healing processes are initiated through entraining our brainwaves...
- IDEAL SIZE TO BRING ANYWHERE - This bowl set is compact and can easily travel with you everywhere. Bring to yoga...
- HAND INSPECTED AND TESTED FOR GUARANTEED PERFECT SOUND QUALITY - Ohm Store ensures it produces and sells only the...