Last updated on February 5th, 2021 at 04:09 pm
If you’re someone who has been suffering from acne problems, then I’m sure you’ve heard of Accutane.
In recent times, more and more people have begun to turn to Accutane products, in both ingestible and application form, to treat their acne issues. However, despite its popularity, a lot of people don’t know much about it.
That’s why, in this article, we’re going to lay down all the basic facts about Accutane that you need to know. We’ll talk about what Accutane is, why it’s used, its benefits, side effects, and how you can buy Accutane (isotretinoin) online.
What is Accutane (Isotretinoin)?
Did you know that Accutane isn’t a product per se, but rather a brand name? So when people say “Accutane”, they’re technically referring to a company which started the product, even if they may not mean to do so.
The actual star of the show is Isotretinoin. It is a unique medicinal drug that is used to treat and cure acne when most other alternatives have failed. However, it is also prescribed as a treatment for other problems including certain cancers and skin issues.
Isotretinoin capsules are a derivative of vitamin A. More specifically, retinoid. So the effect that it has on your body is similar to what vitamin A does. This is the reason why you shouldn’t in-take vitamin A when you’re taking isotretinoin, as the side effects are severe and can cause skin tissue problems
How Does Accutane Help?
Accurate, or Isotretinoin helps cure or reduce acne by lowering the amount of natural oil that is created by the skin. This prevents pores from getting blocked, which reduces the occurrence of bacteria in the pore, thus lowering the presence of acne.
At the same time, it also kills the bacteria that may still be present in your pores and reduces redness and inflammation that may still be visible on your skin.
However, it is important to remember here that since Isotretinoin is very strong, it is to be used only for severe acne where other solutions have failed. It is also crucial for you to consult a dermatologist before you switch on to isotretinoin. Otherwise, you may end up experiencing severe side-effects.
How To Buy Tretinoin Online?
Tretinoin capsules and supplements are readily available online nowadays.
While it has made the substance more accessible to people and allowed them to get rid of their acne, thus helping them become more confident, it has also lowered safety and security measures. So you must do your research before you make your purchase.
Here are some tips to remember:
- Make sure that the website you’re buying from is reputed and has qualifications and reviews to prove.
- The website should have all the necessary information regarding the product and there must be transparency regarding side-effects.
- Opt for websites that have warranty and assurance that their products are of good quality and medically and scientifically created.
Side Effects of Using Accutane (Tretinoin)
While we all know about the acne-lowering powers of Tretinoin, it also has numerous side effects that every potential user must be aware of. This is even more important in the case of Tretinoin as it is a very strong substance. Common side effects include:
- Sensitive skin, which is dry and itchy. There may be peeling of the skin and chapped lips as well.
- Dry throat, dry nose, and dry, irritated eyes.
- Headaches and other similar bodily aches and pains.
Some of the more severe but uncommon side-effects are as follows:
- Excessive sweating and flushed skin
- Difficulty in sleeping or increased drowsiness, as well as night-vision difficulties.
- Diarrhea and similar gastrointestinal problems, including nausea and vomiting.
- Mental health problems, including anxiety, depression, and anger issues. There is the possibility of medical depression arising.
- Yellowing of the skin and the eyes, similar to the symptoms of jaundice.
While the above 5 side-effects are unlikely to arise, it is still important to be aware of them and be wary of any symptoms that may start to show. There are more side-effects as well.
Since there are such potential side-effects, it is important to have a thorough consultation with your dermatologist and undergo a proper check-up before you choose to buy Tretinoin.
Tretinoin and Women
Tretinoin products do have a severe effect on women’s reproductive health. It does have the potential of harming an unborn child and increase the risks of miscarriage.
Hence, pregnant women must be extremely cautious and not use Tretinoin when pregnant. In case you are using Tretinoin and you end up conceiving, make sure to let your doctor know immediately.
Similarly, you should refrain from feeding your baby breastmilk if you’re on Tretinoin as it has the potential of harming your baby’s health.