People are spending 8-10 hours a day sitting, this is definitely not good. People from all over the world are getting more ambitious about their career which is leading them to unhealthy lifestyle and gaining a lot of belly fat due to their long office hours.
Hitting gym daily is not everyone’s cup of tea, and working-class people seems to have lot more trouble to keep hitting the gym on daily basis.
You have to take care of your family, their food, office work, all together and you are still expected to be in your best shape.
What could be a better option is you can just work on your core muscle all day while sitting behind your office desk? A stronger core is always co-related to better metabolism and healthy lifestyle. These wonderful abs workouts are going to burn fat for you all day long. And the best thing is no one is going to know about it.
We are here today with few abs workouts what everyone will be able to do in office, these exercises could be done as refreshment break, or after every fixed interval or even while doing your office work.
1# Leg lift
Leg lift is always going to be most prominent exercise for your abdominal muscles, whether it’s a leg lift while hanging through the bar or while lying on the ground. It always does wonders and can be stated as a primary ab exercise to lose some belly fat.
But you need to do your ab workout while sitting at your desk, that’s not a problem. We will guide you through right process to do this abs workout on your desk.
- While sitting on your chair, place your but on the front edge of your chair and lean back t give some support to your spine.
- Not start with lifting one leg up and bringing it down, continue the same process with another leg as well. Do set of 10 reps.
- Once you get comfortable with single leg lift, your its time to lift both legs simultaneously and then bringing them back to the ground.
- To put more pressure on lower abs, trying slow motion and hold your legs for few seconds while hanging from the floor.
- This one abs workout is definitely going to get rid of abdominal fat.
Check out this beginner chair workout leg lift
2# Try desk cycle
Technology plays a great role in getting things done faster and easier. There are n numbers of Desk Bicycle available in the market to fulfill your need.
All you need to do is keep on doing cycling while you are working. Apart from working on your abdominal muscle it will also work help you in getting rid of that extra thigh fat.
The best part is you don’t need to take a separate break for flexing your muscle.
Cycling is always proven to be a best cardio alternative, it always helps in getting rid of that extra fat from thigh and abdominal.
Order your desk cycle from here – Amazon: desk cycle
3# Chair suitcase
Another fabulous ab workout when you need to concentrate more on your lower abdominal area, it intensifies pressure on the abdominal area and less pressure on oblige. Let’s understand how to do it-
- Once again put your hips on the edge of your chair and lean back your back to provide it some rest and get in perfect position.
- Place your hands on chair handle to provide extra balance.
- Raise both your legs up and with your shin parallel to ground level. This ab workout is known as “suitcase” because it works on the concept of suitcase movement.
- Bring your knee close to your chest ‘like a closed suitcase’, then bring it back to open position.
- Avoid touching the ground with legs before completing a set of 10-15 repetitions.
4# Seated bicycle paddling
No mood to invest in desk cycle? Not an issue. We can still perform your cycling motion ab workout with our bare legs.
- You must have just completed your ‘Chair Suitcase’ workout, so don’t get into comfortable position
- Now trying moving your legs in circular motion,
- Try both motions: front paddling and back paddling before you finish.
- The only drawback of barefoot cycling is you need to give extra time to complete this workout, whereas desk cycle, can be done while still working on your projects.
5# 6 inches abdominal hold
This is one of my favorite ab workouts.
It’s my favorite because no one notices me while I do this exercise. I perform this exercise while working, boring meetings and whenever it I am free.
- Try to put your butts around to the corner of the chair; this will lead to better concentration on abdominal muscle.
- Raise your both legs to 6 inches or half feet.
- Hold as much, as you can.
- It’s recommended to note the time duration. So that you can keep challenging your own record.
Any abs workout without planking is definitely not enough. Planking is one of the most under-rated and effective exercises to hit your core muscle.
Let me allow you to list few benefits of planking before I guide you on ‘how to do it’.
- Improves your core strength
- Helps in trimming of tummy fat
- Better posture
- Stronger back
- Improved metabolism
- Better bone and joint health
Please look at the video on how to do plan correctly.
7# Time to replace your chair
Yeah, you heard it right. It’s time to gift yourself an exercise ball.
Using exercise ball have numerous advantages over conventional chairs.
- It compels your core body’s core muscle to constantly work to balance itself.
- It helps to deal with spine problems.
- Its comfortable and healthy alternative.
- Check out the below video we attached to check 5 exercises you could do on an exercise ball.
8# Russian twist
We have been talking about the ab exercises since the start of this article, yes its bit difficult to work on your obliques through chair workout. But Russian twist is going to be your favorite oblique killer exercise.
- If you are using rolling chairs then you will be required to do this exercise on your desk.
- So sit on the edge of your desk with your knee in slightly folded position.
- Lean back to 45 degrees to get into correct position. Your shin should be parallel to the ground.
- Now rotate your torso to touch the desk on your right side. Use both your hands to do this
- Now repeat the process to touch left side desk.
- Try going 3 sets of a maximum number of repetitions.
Check out the video of Russian twist
9# Mind your posture
Who doesn’t want to have a better looking body without doing any abs workout exercises?
Posture plays a vital role in how you look and your level of confidence. Most of us are used to of leaning back on an office chair while we work.
While right posture will help you look better, it will also put some extra pressure on your back and core muscle to hold your body upright.