Our body is what we feed it. Packing some serious muscle mass doesn’t depend on the amount of weight you lift at the gym, instead, it depends on the quality of nutrition you provide to your body.
Gaining lean muscle mass is fairly difficult than packing up muscle mass. Although many people gain a fair amount of muscle mass, but not all of them have a lean mass. Most of the gym rats are still struggling to get abs because of the absence of the right guidance.
Before we move to the best supplements for building lean muscle its important to know some basics about gaining lean muscle mass.
Here are the tips that every pro athlete use to stay lean and muscular.
- More protein = more muscle building. Are you eating a gram of protein for a per pound of bodyweight? If not then its time to introduce yourself to a new diet pattern.
- Cutting down carbs can help in packing up some lean muscle mass. Carbs are the main bulking agent and you cant develop lean muscle mass in abundance of carbs.
- A combination of compound movements and lean muscle building supplements can deliver some phenomenal results.
- Persistence is the key to develop your dream body, workout 5 days a week with a systematic workout plan.
- Most of the people are not so intentional about the quality of sleep. Sleep plays a very important role in regulating metabolism and faster recovery.
Best supplements for building lean muscle
These best supplements for building lean muscle mass are “no magic solution”, these supplements only work with the combination of regular exercise and a healthy diet.
- INCREASED MUSCLE MASS* - Creatine is one of the most widely-used bodybuilding supplements. Our Creatine Monohydrate...
- PROMOTES WEIGHT GAIN*- Has been taken by gym-goers for years as a preworkout or postworkout to promote weight gain in...
- BOOSTS ANAEROBIC STRENGTH* - Often taken as a preworkout to help boost anaerobic strength, possibly enabling more total...
- SUPPORTS BRAIN AND COGNITIVE FUNCTION* - Creatine monohydrate powder has been used to support the brain and cognitive...
- VEGAN FRIENDLY- Best creatine to use as a vegan pre-workout. Certified vegan, with no fillers or additives. 100% pure...
Creatine monohydrate is one of the most extensively researched supplements that has been used by many professional athletes to improve performance and maintain lean muscle mass.
Creatine is made from three amino acids: arginine, glycine, and methionine. According to the international society of sports nutrition “Creatine monohydrate is the most effective ergogenic nutritional supplement currently available to athletes in terms of increasing high-intensity exercise capacity and lean body mass during training”.
Creatine basically increases the amount of ATP in muscle cells that delivers that extra push to your workout. That extra boost in energy allows you to grow stronger and bigger. Not just that, creatine also leads to accumulation of water in your muscle cells which stretches the cell walls for better anaerobic performance, strength, pump, and growth.
Overall, creatine is a clean supplement that helps in improving athletic performance by improving the production of ATP molecules. An increase in energy production helps in achieving better workout performance and calorie burning which ultimately leads to the development of lean muscle mass.
- 5 lbs of Dymatize ISO100 Gourmet Chocolate Protein Powder (71 Servings)
- Scientifically proven, fast-digesting, hydrolyzed, 100% whey protein isolate.No Artificial Colors or Flavors
- 25 grams of protein, 5.5 grams of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), & 2.7 grams of Leucine per serving
- Less than 1 gram of fat & sugar per serving
- Gluten free with less than 0.5g of Lactose
No matter what, you can’t really ignore the body’s daily protein needs. Whey protein has always been the most reliable protein source to develop some serious muscle mass.
Whey is a milk protein that is derived after an extensive filtration process.
But not all the whey protein supplements are created equal, they all differ in the carb content and purity.
If you are looking for a lean muscle development then you should not choose anything less than 100% Isolate whey, these whey contains almost zero carbs and has high dissolvability.
If you are looking for the purest form then you can opt for Hydrolyzed whey protein, these are the predigested whey protein that is very high absorption rate.
A 10-week study conducted on the effects of whey protein on lean muscle gaining found some impressive development in overall body composition and lean muscle mass.
Whey provides all the essential amino acids that are required for fast recovery and strength development after an intense training session.
If you are looking to improve your workout gains then it’s recommended taking 20-40 grams of whey isolates for fast recovery.
- XTEND BCAA POWDER FOR MEN & WOMEN - The World's Number 1 BCAA Brand has been perfecting recovery since 2004 with 7 grams...
- SUGAR-FREE BRANCHED CHAIN AMINO ACIDS - Zero sugar, zero calories, and zero carbs in every delicious serving. XTEND post...
- IMPROVE RECOVERY & HYDRATION - Consume a minimum of 14 grams of BCAAs per day - before, during, and after your workout....
- TESTED & TRUSTED BY THIRD PARTIES - NSF Contents Tested & Certified and Informed-Choice Certified symbolizing strict...
- DELICIOUS FLAVORS UNLIKE ANYTHING ON THE MARKET - Mango Madness, Rainbow Sherbet, Blue Raspberry Ice, Glacial Grape,...
One of the cleanest amino supplement that helps in gaining lean muscle and fat loss.
BCAA mainly comprise of three essential amino acids- Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. BCAAs improve the body composition in a multidimensional way, it assists in improved muscle protein synthesis, fuels muscle tissues, supplies essential hydration and supports a quick recovery
Because of the presence of no carbohydrates, BCAA can be called as ultimate lean muscle building supplement.
- RAPID RECOVERY – Each serving has 5 g of fermented glutamine to help quickly replenish glutamine levels following...
- BUILD MUSCLE – Glutamine enhances protein synthesis, helping you pack on more muscle.
- FIGHTS FATIGUE –Glutamine helps combat lactic acid buildup that leads to fatigue, allowing you to train harder for...
- BANNED SUBSTANCE FREE – KAGED MUSCLE Glutamine powder is non-animal sourced, using plant-based raw materials made in...
- TRANSPARENT LABELLING – Each tub of KAGED MUSCLE Glutamine has 100 percent ingredient transparency on the label so you...
One of the most underrated amino acids that very few people seem to supplement. It is the most abundant amino acid found in the human body and its main function is to restrict muscle breakdown and strengthening of the immune system.
The number of studies (9, 10) conducted on the effects of glutamine found some good improvement in overall strength and muscle endurance. Improvement in strength and endurance is directly correlated to lean muscle gaining.
- Packaging may vary - New look, with the same trusted Quality
- Zinc Provides Immune Support
- HIGH QUALITY FORMS OF ZINC, MAGNESIUM, AND VITAMIN B6
- 30MG ZINC, 450MG MAGNESIUM, 10.5MG VITAMIN B6
- ACTIVE LIFESTYLE FORMULA - your body demands greater nutritional needs to fuel your active lifestyle, ZMA can help fill...
A blend of essential vitamin and mineral that plays a very crucial role in fast recovery and improved performance. ZMA supplement contains 3 ingredients- Zinc, magnesium and Vitamin B6. How does ZMA support muscle building?
- Zinc is an essential mineral that triggers the production of testosterone and growth hormones.
- Magnesium may lower muscle inflammation and faster recovery.
- Vitamin B6 helps in the optimum delivery of nutrition through improving blood flow.
You might not get immediate results after the supplementation but you will definitly see long term benefits.
- Over 1 million bottles sold - Through 3 generations of cutting edge science, our best seller has developed beyond a...
- Unlock your drive - Focus, motivation and energy are required for success, this is provides an evolutionary advancement....
- Muscle preserving fat burning - Avoid muscle break down while shredding. You might surprise yourself with some muscle...
- No PCT required - Since modern man is made with all-natural ingredients, no post cycle therapy is required, plus it can...
Here, we are not talking about illegal drugs, we are suggesting you the use of natural testosterone boosters that are proven to improve athletic performance and muscle development.
Many natural occurring herbs are used for thousands of years to improve the testosterone and libido levels, supplementing with these herbs can bless you with improved performance in the gym and in bed as well.
Some of the best natural test boosters herbs are:
- Tribulus Terrestris
- Tongkat Ali
Using a good blend os these natural herbs might work wonders in increasing performance.
- 300 Grams of Beta Alanine Per Bottle
- 3 Grams Per Scoop (Included)
- Pure, High Quality Beta Alanine Powder
- Non-GMO, Gluten Free, 3rd Party Tested
- Made In a GMP Compliant, FDA Registered Facility
One of the most common pre-workout ingredient that gives you tingling effects.
Unlike other amino acids that help in protein synthesis, beta-alanine helps in the production of carnosine. Carnosine is stored in the skeletal muscle tissues which help in reducing the lactic buildup while intense training.
Beta-alanine is an incredible supplement that improves athletic performance by allowing you to go for those extra repetitions.
Overall, it’s a clean supplement that will improve your exercise quality and endurance to gain that extra edge while workout.
- ENERGY AND PERFORMANCE: Our premium L Carnitine 3000 fast-acting formula includes amino acids to support your muscles...
- STIMULANT FREE FAT BURNER: L-Carnitine is a non-essential amino acid that assists with the transport of long-chain fatty...
- PROMOTES MUSCLE RECOVERY: Our liquid carnitine helps in reducing muscle soreness and muscle damage after exercise or...
- 7 DELICIOUS FLAVORS: ProSupps L Carnitine drink was formulated with world-class flavors to ensure it can satisfy every...
- FOR PRE AND POST WORKOUTS: Our ProSupps L Carnitine shots can be used as a pre-workout supplement booster to help gain...
Although Carnitine doesn’t have any direct muscle-building effects but it plays an important role in the lean muscle building process.
Main mechanism of carnitine is to push stored body fats into cell mitochondria for the production of energy. This process helps in the utilization of stored fats for energy, it works really well when combined with clean food and right diet pattern. How does it help in lean muscle development? Here is the reason:
- It helps in fueling the body with extended energy which results in the improved workout.
- It pushes stored fat into cell mitochondria that leads to an overall reduction in body fat.
- Improves blood circulation which results in a better supply of nutrients and faster recovery (20, 22).
- It may decrease muscle soreness(21).
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
There are some most common questions related to muscle gaining that are being constantly asked by most of our readers, here is an answer to
Best protein powder for weight loss and muscle gain?
There are many types of protein powder available in the market, some of the common protein powder are:
- Whey protein
- Casein protein
- Pea protein
- Egg protein
- Soy protein
- Hemp protein
People might have different preferences, I personally love Whey Protein more than any other type.
Always opt for Hydrolyzed whey protein or 100% whey Isolate proteins, those protein contains no fillers, just pure muscle-building fuel.
Best combination of supplements for weight loss and muscle gain?
See, I have already specified the supplements that are helpful in building some serious muscle mass while cutting down excess fat.
Although I prefer to keep all 6 supplements in my muscle building stack, let me tell you my best dose and time.
- Whey protein: 3 scoops of 100% whey isolates in the morning, evening post-workout and Before bed (with some almond milk).
- BCAA: 2 scoops of 7g each. I take a half scoop before a workout, 1 scoop intra-workout and another half scoop after workout.
- Glutamine: I add up 2 scoops of glutamine in the morning and evening with my whey protein shakes.
- Creatine with my Preworkout which contains Beta-Alanine as well.
- 1.5g of L-carnitine 2 times a day. 1.5 grams with my pre-workout meal and another 1.5 grams with my post-workout meal.
How to build muscle fast?
My friend, consistency is the key, there is no magic wand. Pro bodybuilders have been working out for decades for that muscle mass.
You need to be consistent with your diet, workout, and supplementation.
If you are only concerned about building muscle fast then you should pay more emphasis on strength development, compound movements, and recovery.